'The Spine' is a small, independent, locally-owned moving company is looking for hard-working, motivated, and responsible applicants for our Iowa City and Des Moines Branches. Our company values hard work, friendliness and sustainability. We strive to provide a premium service for our customers and we treat our employees as if they were our family.
We try to have as much fun as is humanly possible while performing a tedious and sometimes down-right unpleasant job. As a mover at the Spine, your job duties would include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Moving stuff
- Carrying heavy and/or awkwardly shaped furniture
- Carrying or dollying a seemingly endless array of boxes and/or plastic totes
- Driving big red moving trucks
Other exciting/rewarding tasks may include
- (Dis)assembling furniture
- Wrapping things (and stuff) in moving pads
- Pondering the effects of materialism in American society
- Debating the social, environmental and economic benefits and costs of consumerism versus quality of life in the modern world
- Engaging in polite and witty conversation while carrying a sleeper sofa up three flights of stairs in 95-degree heat
- Orienting furniture to adhere to the fundamentals of Feng Shui
- But mostly just carrying things (and stuff) onto or off of a big red moving truck. Some days will be a relative cake-walk, others will seriously test your resolve to continue the eternal struggle of 'man vs. boxes'.